Version 1.5 Released March 6, 2003
Palmosoft's PalmoUtil2 is a SatForms extension that provides some popup keyboard enhancement functions, as well as some general utility functions.
New features in V1.1 include:
- PalmoUnformatNumber - unformat a number you have formatted with PalmoFormatNumber
- CapsString - format a string with all upper letter, all lower letter, or first upper and other lower
- PalmoWriteTXT: you can write a txt freely inside a form, giving a max width (it finish with ellipsys). This function works properly (for the ellipsys) with a OS > 3.2 even if color is supported ONLY in OS >= 3.5
- The keyboard now contains the apostrophe ' and the 000 key now function as expected
- PalmoSKD now takes another parameter (forcedcomma) if you want to force the ASCII code of the decimal chars in the 123 keyboard. This is good if you have to make a dataentry with code who have numbers (no decimal) but some separator like / . and so on.
- SFPalmoUtil2 comes with a keyboard hack included (an hack is
a replacement of system keyboard). You can use this new keyboard
(after you have called PalmoHackKeyInit) who allows you:
- Set Caps Mode.
Enable / Disable different keyboard (abc, 123, Int'l), for
example to give user the permission only to write number.
Enable / Disable graffiti while in keyboard.
Enable / Disable hardware button and don't permit the user
to go out of your program while in keyboard.
Start keyboard from script
SFPalmoUtil2 comes with some useful function like:
PalmoWaitInit / PalmoWaitMessage / PalmoWaitEnd (show a wait
message while you make some long processes).
PalmoSetKey: you can send keystroke from script (useful when
you want to make a single refresh to listbox without the
annoying forms().refresh. See what character to send in Chars.h
include file of Palm SDK.
PalmoFormatNumber for formatting with thousand and comma
AS YOU SET IN PREFERENCE.
An evaluation version of PalmoUtil2 is available!
Click here to
Download and try the evaluation version!
For more information about this and other Palmosoft products, visit
their website at
This extension is manufactured and supported by Palmosoft S.r.l of Italy, and is marketed by PalmDataPro.com. The Palmosoft PalmoUtil2 extension includes a royalty-free per-developer runtime license, meaning you can distribute the extension PRC files royalty-free with your app but you need to purchase a separate license for each SF developer (basically the same as the SF Standard Edition license).
Site License Available
You can purchase a site license for this product that enables its use by
an unlimited number of developers (persons) at a single office location.
Site licenses cost 2.5 times the single license fee. To purchase a site
license, simply enter a quantity of 2.5, click on the ADD button to add
it to your shopping basket, and then click View Basket to complete your
order. In the Comments section of your order, please enter the text
"Site License". Thank you!